5040 Rotary Microtome
Easy to use rotary retracting microtome for laboratory sectioning
The popular 5040 microtome is of rotary retracting, self-lubricating design and has a heavy cast alloy base and cutting arm. Its robust construction makes it accurate and incredibly reliable.
The use of fixed beryllium hinges means that all lateral motion is controlled and allows no slop or play that can be experienced in other, lesser designs which can result in 'chatter' and 'thick and thinning'. Its pawl and ratchet wheel and head-advance design ensures absolute calibration for section thickness accuracy and repeatability.
Features of the 5040 Rotary Microtome
- Easy to use rotary retracting microtome with wide range of optional features
- Choice of advance/rewind handle positions
- Motor drive with zone control is available
- Of hard wearing construction and maintenance free
- Standard knife holder accepts most conventional knives
- Quick release feather blade holder can be fitted
- Specimen feed indicator
- Safety features include fitted knife guards and locking handwheel